ENDLESS SUMMER - 10% OFF with code ENDSUM10 - Ends in 26h 16m
Bathing suits for body types
Choose swimwear according to your body shape
Every year, the first rays of sun make us feverishly looking for the perfect swimwear before holidays start. The challenge is to find the swimsuit that would flatter and enhance your best body parts and camouflage little imperfections. After all, who doesn’t want to look fabulous on the beach! The variety of choice, styles, cuts, patterns, embellishment... All that can make your head spinning!
No need to panic! The secret is to choose swimwear that suits your body shape and freely make a choice among recommended solutions.
Follow this 3 step guide:
1. Find out what your body type is
2. Choose your perfect swimwear according to your body shape and the advice provided
3. Fall in love with gorgeous Brazilian cut bikinis and one-piece swimsuits!
Swimwear for pear shaped body
Sometimes called “triangle”
You have a pear body shape if you have slender shoulders, a well-defined waist and your hips are larger than your bust.
Because your lower body is larger than your upper body, the key is to balance your figure visually by emphasizing your top half and drawing attention away from your bottom part.
Bottoms: Plain colors are the best. Choose models with not with too much covering as you want to avoid a "bulky" look. A simple bikini bottom without side knots on the hips, not too narrow or large at the sides . It may be accessorized with flat jewels.
- One-piece swimsuits with cup-shaped bust. May be embellished with frills and details on the top part.
You have a rectangular body shape if your shoulders and hips are equally wide and your waist has little or no definition. Your figure is rather straight with few curves, giving you an androgynous look. The key is to choose a swimsuit that redefines your waist and adds fullness to your upper and lower body.
Bikini for rectangle body type:
- Top: go for a triangle top to balance square shoulders. Try padded or non-padded bikini bra, simple or halter-neck, push-up, or accessorized with fringes, frills, tassels... Geometric, tropical, floral, and spotty prints enhance the bust. To add femininity to your style, choose a very seductive balconette top.
- Bottoms: choose anything that gives fullness to your curves, such as frilly edges, side-knots or belts on bikini bottoms. Graphic prints and eye-catching patterns are also a good choice.
- One-piece deep-cut swimming costumes, with fairly low necklines or which play on prints. Monokinis with side cuts are suitable to give your waist some definition.
You have an apple shaped body if you have full curves, with a rounded tummy, bottom and hips, a generous cleavage and a waist with little definition.
You have a voluptuous figure, so make the most of it - no blushes necessary! Your ally on the beach is a swimming costume that emphasizes your cleavage, optically defines your waist and draws attention away from your tummy.
Bikini tips for apple shaped body:
- Top: an underwired balconette bra top that both supports and enhances your cleavage. Color is fine but avoid anything too flashy.
- Bottoms: full or turn-down bikini bottoms that you can fold over as much or as little as you like to hide a little tummy. The high waisted bottoms are waist-defining and, what's more, their retro look is trendy and fashionable!
- The one-piece swimsuit is often chosen by those with an apple body type and is the most figure-defining. Choose an underwired model and prints in matching shades than crazy colors.
You have an hourglass body shape if your shoulders and hips are aligned and you have a well-defined waist. This is a very feminine body type!
You have a slender and well-proportioned figure that enables you to wear what you like, so make the most of it!
Bikini for the hourglass body type:
- Top: triangle, bandeau, balconette - everything looks good on you! You can dress as you like: prints, fringes, fluorescent colors and so on. You should try latest trends such as crop tops and other original styles!
- Bottoms: High leg and Brazilian cut bikini bottoms, low-waisted scrunch, side-knots and very thin sides will accentuate your dream figure.
- Monokinis and one-piece swimsuits that play with sheer and textured fabrics. You can wear anything you want!
You have an 8 type body shape if your shoulders and hips are aligned and you have a well-defined waist. In contrast with an X-type body, you have a curvier figure with a rounded bust and hips..
Your figure is well-proportioned with lovely feminine curves - the ideal body shape!
Perfect bikini for the figure 8:
- Top: an underwired balconette or halter-neck top to provide support and accentuate your attributes. Go for printed or plain - as you wish.
- Bottoms: enhance your figure with bikini bottoms, whether high leg or not, low-waisted and without knots at the hips. We also recommend high-waisted bottoms that will embrace your curves and accentuate your slim waist. Pin-up effect guaranteed!